Wednesday, October 6, 2010

My stab at Poetry

"Dont Take my Soul"

Don't take my soul and run away
you know you are too fast for me to catch.
Don't put my heart out on display
you know cracks run deep and some are unable to be repaired.
Your hands may be calloused
your heart might betray...oh God, Betray!
Your words will cut like a burning knife
on any randon, sunny turns to deadly storms, day.
Don't tell me one thing, expect another, yet then portray..
portray that "I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN".
As tough I've become one with palm reading and fortune telling
do you see a Crystall Ball, or Tarot Cards to play?
Don't judge me  or call me a liar due to an answer delay.
Assume guilt and ask questions later?  Hey it seems reasonable to me!
Don't tell me "Don't", Don't think I won"t
Don't underestimate me and Don't take me for granted,
even you stand to be amazed and in shock....believe it or not.
Don't think I won't run, yet Don't think I won't stay
and for God's sake, please,
Don't take my soul and run away!
                                                                            
                                                                      Abby Redmon

1 comment:

  1. I believe your "stab" at poetry is fabulous! You have so much talent, Abby. Keep writing, never no where it will lead you.

    ReplyDelete