Monday, October 11, 2010

A Long and Hairy Battle

If any of you have a little girl or multiple little girls you will be able to relate, if you do not have a girl let me just tell you it is not always all ribbons and bows.  At some point those damn ribbons & bows have to come out and the hair must be brushed.  This encumbers brushing out any number of tangles from a day of sweating at the park, rubbing balloons all over their heads to make them stick to the wall, getting any number of sticky items, not just stuck, but completley rubbed in and made a part of MANY strands of their hair (these items include, but are not limited to, gum, sticky tack, tar (yep that's right), melted jolly rancher, rubber cement, glue and these are just the items I can think of right now). 
Now maybe I just have an extremley clumsy girl, but I am dealing with this on a pretty regular basis and a daily basis ritual would be the dreaded MORNING HAIR BATTLE.  Now, if you have never had to wake a child up from a slumber when they are clearly not ready to be awake yet, well you'll just have to try it sometime.....it's loads of fun, kind of like accidentally tasing yourself, (especially when you aren't particulary fond of the fact that you have to be awake yourself!).  When you start your morning off with a pint size child screaming and crying at a volume that is considered illegal and would for sure get me a citation issued (that is if the police were brave enough to even approach the situation which grows into a bigger monster every second) let me just say you start your day feeling a tad bit stressed and a little less than "pumped, energized and ready to face the world!".  I have fought this battle for a good 4 years now and as much as I was holding tight to my dream of my daughter having long hair and trust me I love her long hair.  I love the braids, the pig tails, buns and all of the fun you can have styling it, but the battling just plain wore me down.  So I fought the battle, I gave it my all and I must admit I have lost.  I finally broke down yesterday and cut her hair off.  The worst part is I know myself well enough to know that we will just grow it back out and dear god start this battle again someday.....but for now I rest.  I rest for the next hair battle. 


The before picture


I think she may be tired of battling in the morning also???


All done and minus quite a bit of hair or stress, whichever you prefer to call it.














The finished product.  She looks so much older to me now.                           

No comments:

Post a Comment