Friday, September 24, 2010

Some of the Biggest Rewards....

I have started the weekend off with one fabulous start I must say.  I left work (late), picked up the kids, went to the store to pick up a prescription that I was told my insurance wouldn't allow me to fill until Sunday, yes, less than 48 hours away.  I then did some shopping for my son's 6th birthday party which is on Saturday and in my irritation and attempt to get everything accomplished in a timely manner (with 2 kids in tow - what was I even thinking?) forgot a number of things.  I even had a list for Christ's sake!!  I left the store feeling quite defeated and also left the week feeling quite defeated as well, so of course I decide to do the wise thing and continue on instead of calling it a night and going at it strong the next day.....after all what choice does a mother have sometimes?  Anyway, I run into Party City with both of the kids to grab the items I forgot when I get a phone call from my husband stating that he is stuck on a roof.  Yes, you read that correctly, he was stuck on a roof.  I mean, really, why wouldn't he be after the way this evening has been going?  I yell for my kids to put back the items they are playing with and tell them we aer leaving.....try explaining this one to a 6 and 7 year old.  If you have never been looked at as though you have 7 heads and 4 eyes on each one of them, tell your children the above is the reason you MUST leave the store pronto & that oughta do the trick.  I pay for my items and go to leave only to discover that I have no keys.  I mean these puppies are gone.  I then spend the next 20 minutes in a store filled with party decorations and 2 children trying to locate a lost pair of keys and trying to get them to help me.  On the plus side, Ocean discovered 5 things she wants to be for Halloween and Izaak found no costume per say, but plenty of weapons for whatever he decides to be.  I finally have to break down and call my husband as I know he is growing more and more enraged by the minute since I told him I was checking out when he called, now, 27 minutes prior.  Luckily for both of us a very nice samaritan drove by and helped him put his ladder back up that the wind had blown over, but now I had to tell him about my fun little situation that was causing me to sweat more and more by the second.  Have I mentioned that this is the only key I have to my car and the replacement key is around $125.00..hence I only have 1 key?  Long story short it is now 11:11 PM (make a wish - believe me I AM) and I have only been home for 30 minutes folks.  This will be the bulk of my complaining because tomorrow I get to go watch Izaak play soccer and then throw him a big 6th birthday party.  He is going to have his first sleepover party and everything and he could not be more excited if Buzz Lightyear himself walked into his bedroom and sat down on his bed.  Some of the biggest rewards come out of the messiest of beginnings and I am choosing to believe that this is how this story will go.  Someday soon this will be a very funny story, not quite yet, but soon and I will not have wanted to have changed a thing for these my friends are the stories of our lives.  The frowns turn into smiles, the frustration turns into laughter & joy and the worst of times can reap the biggest rewards. 

Me & Izaak after his last soccer game of last season.  The morning had been a "bit hectic" but the day went on, the game was great and we all had a blast.



 
Ocean not long after being extremely upset with me over not getting her way and then getting in trouble with her dad.  Moments later she saw a snake and remembered that she wants one for a pet and all of her troubles were forgotten....just like that.



Izaak after being VERY upset that he couldn't swim when we were in Texas because of a recent surgery.  He sure looks upset here doesn't he?  Those brownies sure turned that frown of his into a smile in a hurry.



Life Works itself out we just have to wait for the reward to come and this I know is the hardest part.

Oh Yeah - Did I mention I still haven't found my keys and my car is still in the parking lot at Party City? HA



No comments:

Post a Comment